Routine Rituals (Words)
Routine Rituals is a series of six pairings of objects and photographs assembled after our residency at Kriti Gallery in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh in North East India. They were exhibited at our solo exhibition Spectacular Vernacular, at The Chicago Cultural Center in 2016. The pairings are:
- Delivery tricycle and a bicycle saddle made from a car tyre.
- Nimish stall and terracotta cups.
- Hindu temple and shringi and chawar.
- Kawala thread seller and kawala thread.
- Roadside shrine and Ganesh and Parvati decorations.
- Vermilion pot and lac-turnery (designed by Parsons & Charlesworth)
The collection was featured in design journal Disegno #11 along with a short essay.